This company are looking for a highly responsive individual with strong experience with responding to data breaches, counselling distressed clients and providing remediation guidance. This individual must be focused on accuracy but still able to get relevant results to clients ahead of schedule; able to triage several cases, able to explicate technical findings to non-technical executives.
What does the role involve?
- Lead case management efforts through scoping calls to report delivery
- Perform reactive incident response functions
- Provide prompt onsite and remote support for digital forensics, incident response and litigation support
- Inspect firewall, web, database and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious and compromised activity
- Ability to perform light travel requirements as needed to meet business demands
Can I apply?
- 5-7 year of professional experience in network/cyber investigations
- Experience in professional services handling of law firm clients
- Relevant GIAC Industry certifications
- Experience with forensic processes and procedures
- Advanced working knowledge of forensic tools (e.g. Encase, FTK, BlackLight)
- Experience with Unix, Linux, Mac and Windows Systems, and an
- Admin level understanding of networking, firewalls and various protocols in data sharing and communications
- 1-2 years of incident response or digital forensics experience with a passion for cybersecurity
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, Wireshark, TCPDump and open source forensic tools
- Experience with conducting log analysis of Windows Event Logs, Apache, IIS and firewall logs
As a leading UK and US Cybersecurity recruitment business, we would be excited to hear from you in order that we might help you progress your career, to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact 020 7382 7980 or Matthew.firstname.lastname@example.org