This company is currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to work within their Response & Security Operations team. The chosen candidate will be providing Security services to varied range of high value clients. The role includes providing technical support to a range of toolsets and infrastructure facilitating the operational delivery of the company’s security monitoring and Incident response services.
It is important that the successful candidate has a firm understanding of Windows, Windows AD, Patch management and general windows administration. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for the day to day running of the security analytics platform and the customer facing services it provides with design and implementation of customer solutions into the platform. It is preferred that the chosen candidate has ability learn new technologies as this is relevant to the role.
What does the role involve?
- Understanding the essential infrastructure, the internal datacentre’s, routing and network designs along with understanding customer solutions and how these are provided.
- Orchestrating scheduled maintenance on the platform and customer premises equipment for patching and upgrades.
- Work closely alongside the team to assist with new products
- Guaranteeing that all developed resolutions confirm good industry practice for deployment and design.
- Working closely with other members of the infrastructure team and the wider company.
- Use an ITSM toolset to document, record and test your work.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for the team and to assist with resolving complex issues.
- Participate in a monthly on call rota
Can I Apply?
- Experience in Windows, Hardware and Application Patching
- 2 years plus working in a security environment with experience of the following topics:
- Working experience and knowledge of MS Windows and Active directory.
- Working experience and knowledge of Linux (CentOS and Ubuntu).
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Scripting knowledge
- Excellent IT skills
- An understanding of the Cyber Security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them.
- Do you have a good working knowledge of various security technologies?
- Great interpersonal skills
- Do you have great verbal communication skills?
- Are you able to communicate effectively with various technical and non-technical team members alongside other relevant individuals?
- Written communication skills, for example to write technical changes.
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends.
- An ability to work under pressure
- Basic understanding and experience of VMware
- One or more relevant security CERTS
- VMware Certifications
As a leading UK and US Cybersecurity recruitment business, we would be excited to hear from you in order that we might help you progress your career, to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact 020 7382 7980 or ed.carr@BeecherMadden.com