For this role it is necessary to act as the manager, architecture and lead developer for all software development needs within the team. As a senior software developer, the chosen candidate will work with junior developers to design and implement a wide variety of projects using an Agile methodology while ensuring that robust and secure software development practices are followed. The model candidate will be experienced in software engineering design and secure coding practices, along with preferably having evident knowledge of working within a very technical consultative environment.
What does the role involve?
- implementing custom malware and security testing tooling,
- Using cloud host management systems
- Using Google Suite based solutions to automate business processes.
- Render customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements
- Shaping project requirements e.g. planning, implementing
- Managing the distribution of custom software projects
- Conducting evaluation of open source software solutions to see if existing solutions can be reused
- Building team relationships
- Working either as subject matter experts in your field and/or manage teams in delivering projects.
- Working alongside colleagues in other services areas and support needs of the clients
- Providing thought leadership and direction for the cyber security software development team.
- Helping recruit and develop other software team members.
Can I apply?
- Experience working within secure application design and assurance
- Familiarity with classifying, assessing and implementing solutions for software on desktop platforms
- Expert familiarity with multiple programming languages and secure coding practices.
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows
- Familiarity with cloud hosting solutions and container solutions
- Knowledge of the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities and SANS Top
- Good knowledge of distributed and microservices architectures
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent (preferably 2:1 or higher) in a relevant field
- Do you have great leadership skills?
- Do you have an open mind and flexible approach?
As a leading UK and US Cybersecurity recruitment business, we would be excited to hear from you in order that we might help you progress your career, to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact 020 7382 7980 or ed.carr@BeecherMadden.com